Tomorrow is my 27th birthday…and to be honest, I’m not all that thrilled. I know that 27 is young, but I can’t believe how close I am to 30. I’m as close to the age I started high school (which sometimes feels like yesterday) as I am to 40…ah!
So in the spirit of being an adult, whatever that means, I have made a list of 27 things that I want/need to do in my 27th year (and yes the entire list is me talking to myself)…
- Get Healthy – I have to go to the gym…or at least take yoga. Ugh, I’m already not into it and I haven’t started. Have to change that attitude.
- Disease – Just because you hear about a new disease on tv, or read about it on cnn, or sniffle, or have a pain in your arm, it doesn’t mean you are going to drop dead right? Yea, gotta work on telling myself that one.
- Mean – I need to work on not being so mean to the people I love most. I have the tendency to overreact…big time.
- Facebook– I have to delete people who bother me on there. Why do I allow myself to get so bothered by other people and what they are doing? I need to make less time for this type of junk in my life.
- Cook – I have to start cooking more instead of ordering food out…we waste so much money on takeout.
- Right – It has come to my attention I am not always right?! What?!
- Read – Stop watching so much tvvvvvv!
- Hobby – I have to get a hobby…something that I like/want to do. Even if it is knitting…idk, just something to do that is only for me.
- Friends – I need to see all of you so much more.
- Money – Apparently you can paint your nails at home?! I have to stop spending money I don’t have on manicures, lunch out, snacks…
- Wake up! – Stop sleeping until 8 and pressing snooze 4 times…just get up!
- Boozeeey – Probably don’t need to drink like I’m in college still on Saturday nights.
- Fight nice – I have to work on how I fight with Jay…seriously. I need to learn to listen and not be so #3
- New York – Stop whining about NYC and start loving it. I am always angry people aren’t walking fast enough, or moving the way I want them to, enjoy this city you are lucky to be in.
- Little things – I have to pick my battles and let little things go. I don’t need to get so angry that the tourists want to take a picture of 30 rock when all I want to do is eat my lunch…I’ll get to lunch, even if it is 1 minute later, I’ll live.
- Phone – I am glued to my phone. This has to stop. I don’t need to be looking at it all the time, or have it on the table at dinner.
- Different things – Just because my friends want to do different things than me doesn’t mean what they are doing is wrong or not fun.
- New things – Go do some of the things with friends that you don’t really want to do…I bet in the end it will be fun.
- Green Juice/Dubstep/Quinoa – Stop getting so annoyed when people talk about these things and like them…who cares that they want to do a juice cleanse and instagram it? Let them live…no one is forcing you to like these things, so stop getting so annoyed by them.
- Rondo – Walk him in the early morning and late at night…it sucks, but you have to do it or he is always going to think the pee pad is ok.
- Cheerleader – Be a better cheerleader for everyone you love so much.
- Breathe – Breathe more at work instead of freaking out and getting so frustrated. Take a breath and handle it.
- Fruit – Eat more fruit. It sucks, but you have to eat more fruit.
- Vitamins – Along with the fruit, get better about taking your stupid vitamins, it’s so easy!
- Like/Just/Yolo – STOP saying these words
- F.C.B.A.S. – Yea, you have to stop saying all the words those letters stand for so much too.
- Be Happy – I’m young, love Jay, my family, Rondo, where I live, I have a great job, yet I can cry and whine like no other. Remember to be happy…
Alright there is my list, it was a lot to read and I doubt that anyone really cares except me. That list is for after my birthday though…Today I’m going to eat, curse, drink, and yell at all of you!
8 thoughts on “Tomorrow”
Justine, This is the most fablous thing I have ever seen. These are all great ideas and I know that you can implement most of them. You go girl, I will be watching for updates. Love, Susan
thanks sus! here’s hoping i can actually make those things happen!
Justine, Happy Birthday! Your list is wonderful. At the other end of the spectrum, and after years of “being” an adult, I just may do a similar but opposite list: “How to Become a Kid Again” . . . which will be quite a long list if I do it for this year’s birthday!
thank you! i think your list sounds like a great idea!!
you are so young 🙂 I am turning 29 in a bit over one month and it’s is even more terrifying how close I am to 30s….yikes!!! great list, hope you’ll make it work 😉
27 and 29…a couple of old ladies!
don’t even sweat it girl – 30s are THE BEST! i promise you.
i hope so! thank you so much!!