Last night jay had a basketball game, and when I am home alone….I go crazy after a while. I can’t stand having idle hands! I decided to try and make Easter cupcakes in eggshells. They turned out great and I thought I would share the how to!
WHAT YOU NEED:
12 large eggs (you will empty them out, and if your cupcake recipe calls for eggs you can use the inside of the ones you empty)
Cupcake mix or recipe of your choosing (you can fill these with any cupcake batter)
1. Wash your eggs!
2. Take the corkscrew and make a pin-sized hole in the bottom of the egg. Then slowly make the hole larger so that it is around the size of a dime. Don’t be afraid to press hard into the egg!
2. Empty the contents of the egg into a bowl using the corkscrew to ease it out. When you are done rinse the eggs well inside and out, then put in a saltwater bath for 30 minutes (make sure to let the saltwater get into the egg so it sinks)
4. Make your cupcake batter while the eggs are soaking (any batter you love).
5. Once the eggs have soaked, rinse them again well in the sink (inside and out), and place on a paper towel hole side down
6. Pour the batter into a plastic bag and cut a small hole in the tip of the bag…this will be your egg filler!
7. Fill those eggs up and place them in a cupcake tray. I used some foil to hold them upright and into place…
7. Bake and don’t worry that the cupcake is pouring out!
8. Cut off the excess cupcake and clean the outside of the egg with a damp paper towel
9. Crack shell & top with frosting if you like! You did it!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter!