Since this winter refuses to go away, I have still been using my crock pot a bunch for warm hearty meals. This is a new one I made the other week, and we have had it twice since then, it is so delicious, of course easy, and you probably have almost all the ingredients in your cabinet already!
BBQ CHICKEN CROCK POT
5-6 Chicken Boneless Breasts (frozen or regular)
18 oz bottle of Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce (regular flavor)
2 TBS Red Wine Vinegar (could prob use any vinegar but that’s what I had)
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (packed)
1 TSP Red Pepper Flakes (this really does make it spicy)
1/2 TSP Garlic Salt1/2 TSP Onion Powder
Splash of Worcestershire
Sprinkle of Cheddar
1. Combine all ingredients except chicken and cheddar. Mix them all up in your crock pot until smooth.
2. Place your chicken in the pot and stir until coated by sauce mixture
3. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours
4. Pull the chicken apart in the crock pot with a fork. Really pull it so it is super stringy, don’t leave any chunks.
5. Turn on low and let continue to cook pulled apart until you are ready to eat (which could be 10 minutes or 2 hours, the longer the spicier though).
6. Sprinkle the cheddar on top, give it a stir and serve! So simple, so tasty!
I don’t like bread so I ate mine plain, but Jay ate his on a roll and loved it. This definitely is a bit salty so making a nice fresh vegetable on the side is perfect!
xo – J