Since we are a no-beef house I’m always trying to find new recipes for chicken and turkey that don’t take a ton of time, but are really tasty. I loosely based making some turkey burgers last night on my meatballs and whoa, so good. I’m all about easy and not having to go buy bizarre ingredients that cost way too much (why does every food network recipe require me to spend $60 on spices I will never use again?!). Here ya go:
What You Need:
1 pound ground turkey (I use the white meat 93% fat free super healthy one)
1/8 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg white
1 tsp onion powder
1/8th cup chopped parsley
1 clove diced up garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/8th cup Worcestershire sauce
1. Mix everything together in a bowl except the Worcestershire sauce
2. Once that is all mixed up really well, then pour the W. sauce on top and mix it all again.
3. Make that disturbing looking meat into some patties!
4. Cook the burgers in a pan. I used about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Heat the oil first, then add burgers. Cook them for 2 minutes on one side and then flip (this way both sides get brown and they don’t fall apart). Flip them a couple times through the cooking (about 15 minutes on med-high with cover)
5. Add your toppings! I used munster cheese and made some sauteed spinach (with soy and garlic powder)
6. Enjoy that amazing (and healthy) turkey burger on a toasted bun!
Promise you, these are awesome.