(rondo investigating the cookies…good thing they were covered!)
This weekend I made my favorite cookies for Christmas/Doug’s Birthday! They are so yummy and beyond easy. I thought I would share the recipe with you today.
What You Need
1 stick butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar + some for rolling
1 cup flour
1 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
Preheat to 250
1. Cream the butter and powdered sugar together in mixing bowl
2. Make sure that is all mixed up well…
3. Now add the flour, vanilla, water, and nuts. Continue to mix…I use a spoon at first then my hands for this part because I think it works better than the mixer.
4. Once it is all mixed up start rolling the mixture into about tsp size balls…
5. Place balls on a cookie sheet. No need to space, they don’t rise. Cook for 30-40 minutes.
6. Get your powdered sugar ready for rolling! The second you take the cookies out of the oven, roll them into the sugar…
7. Let cool…and you are done! Tasty simple butterball cookies!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! One of our close family friends always made them for us when we were kids and they’ve been my favorite ever since!